description

Los Angeles to the Arctic Circle and back

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Day 7: Ghost BC

Vancouver to Cache Creek- 210 miles



Woke up at Beans's- 8am.  Arto was still on the US side of the border, so I knew it was still gonna be awhile.


Saw these statues near by.  

Took a photo of the map out of the guidebook for future reference 

Got a selfie of my Canadian Tuxedo

At around noon Arto and his documentary crew showed up!

Harvey Davidson's bike

Arto was fried from his hero ride from LA- 2.5 days.  Not too shabby.

But we were antsy to go

A few seconds after this photo the fellowship was disbanded after everyone accidentally turned in different directions 


First scenery of the trip


This is pretty much what I expected Alaska to look like so maybe I should turn around?  50 miles outside of Vancouver. We took the 99 past Whistler


My sweet cold suit


This looked way more amazing in real life.  It was one of the best roads I've ever ridden.

Harvey and his dogs.  Harvey and Beans were racing through the switch backs and were ahead of us by a lot.  We also stopped a few times for nature views.  I saw a black bear and a cub, and later a brown bear, he looked at me from the side of the road as I rode by.





Wanderin'

Finally found a campsite while it was getting dark and ate here for dinner.  Today was an amazing ride, the only annoying thing was starting so late and only making 210 miles.

My tent was next to a creek, I loved hearing the sound of the water flowing.  I am super excited to be past where I have ever ridden or even been before.

I am typing in my phone with freezing hands, apologies for the rushed prose.




























No comments:

Post a Comment