description

Los Angeles to the Arctic Circle and back

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Day 15: Tok to Haines


438 miles

Left Tok and saw forest fires.  Ky's forward controls were falling off and we spent a lot of time on the side of the road.   My headlight also quit working.

This photo was taken in Canada

Got to Haines junction and took that road towards Haines Alaska.  It was an amazing route with the kind of views I pictured of Alaska.  If i do this trip again, I'm skipping the Arctic Circle quest and driving more mountain highways.

My shadow

Storms ahead

Photography bikers

Mordor



We were starting to go in to a storm, so we stopped and camped.  There were almost zero cars on the road.  I was still worried about getting eaten by a bear.


I'm guessing moose prints

Morning- woke up at 6:00am and headed to the border.



Got there and it was closed.  So we would have had to camp out anyway.  That explains why there were no cars on the highway.  It opened at 7am

And made it to the ferry! 

No comments:

Post a Comment